How to Apply
Uptown School is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School for the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP).
The process of applying to Uptown School is a simple three-step process.
Step One: Please complete our Online Application Form. All applications are digital. We have no paper applications. Once we are in receipt of your online application, you will receive an email sent to the email address you have entered on the application. This email will direct you to Step Two.
Step Two: The email from Uptown School will provide details on how to contact our Admissions Team to make an appointment for assessment and payment of a one-time non-refundable and non-transferable Application Fee.
All students applying to Uptown School are required to be assessed, regardless of age, grade, school or the country they are from.
Step Three: We will contact you with a date for your child’s placement assessment administered by the Admissions Office and Uptown School faculty. After assessment and upon receiving an acceptance letter, a deposit fee is required to reserve your seat. A seat cannot be held until the deposit payment is received. We will advise of the amount in the acceptance letter.
Acceptance to Uptown School is contingent upon the results of the placement assessment, student interview and former school reports.
Please be prepared to submit the following documents
A-Prior to assessment
- Two recent passport sized photos of the child/children
- One copy of child’s/children's passport
- One copy of a parent/guardian's passport
- Copy of most recent school report (e.g. most recent report card), on school’s letterhead, signed and stamped.
- Copy of previous year's school report
- Copy of any diagnostic testing or educational assessment (if applicable)
- Any psychological assessments (if applicable)
- Application Fee – A placement assessment will not be undertaken until the application fee is received. This may be paid using the Credit Card Authorisation Form or in person.
Please either scan the required documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at the school’s Admissions Office (including the one-time non-refundable non-transferable Application Fee.)
B-After assessment, and once offer is accepted
- Signed offer letter to indicate acceptance
- Deposit of AED 7000 to secure your child's place
C-Before child begins school
- Transfer certificate in English or Arabic. (if not, this should be translated and authenticated by your Embassy or Consulate). The Transfer Certificate must confirm the grade or year completed and exit date from the current school. In the case of a local transfer (from a school in the UAE), the Transfer Certificate must be attested by the KHDA or another Educational Zone in the UAE. In the case of a transfer from overseas, then either of the below applies:
a) Attestation of Transfer Certificates is not required for America, Canada, Europe, Australia or New Zealand.
b) For other countries not included in the above: the Transfer Certificate must be attested by the Ministry of Education (Department of Foreign Affairs) and the UAE Embassy in the country where the certificate was issued.
- Recent medical record and copy of child's/children's vaccination card. Please download and complete the Medical Form.
- Child's Emirates ID*
- ONE parent's Emirates ID*
*Please note that we need the physical Emirates ID cards, in order for them to be registered with the KHDA. This will be returned on the spot, as soon as we have collected the electronic data held in the chip. If you have not yet received your Emirates ID then we will need a copy of the EID application.